Community groups across Victoria have joined together to survey candidates on the conduct and direction of Planning in Victoria.
The Survey was drafted by SOS with input and support from a wide range of groups. These include some of our smallest newest residents groups and also long standing state wide groups like Green Wedges, Protectors of Public Lands, Planning Backlash and the Public Transport Users Association.
The Survey asks about local issues and key issues of concern including:
- The need for VCAT reform and better protection of local amenity
- Whether we have a failure of independent, long term infrastructure planning
- Failure to secure the Urban Growth Boundary and Green Wedges
- Whether the increasing deregulation and privatisation of planning is in Victoria’s interest
- Whether Victoria has ‘an inappropriate culture of undue influence and political opportunism’
- Whether candidates support reform of political donations laws
The survey results will published early November and will be used to inform voters, particularly in marginal seats.
Further Inquiry – See survey and media release attached
Ian Wood (President, Save Our Suburbs) 0424 104 274
Ann Birrell (Vice-President, Save Our Suburbs) 0419 550 538
Victorian Environment and Planning Community Groups, including:
Save our Suburbs
Green Wedges Coalition
Protectors of Public Lands
Public Transport Users Association
Ratepayers Victoria Inc
Save Albert Park
Yarra River keepers Association
Docklands Community Association
Residents Against Inappropriate Development in Doncaster
Fitzroy Residents Association
West of Elgar Residents Association
Western Region Environment Centre
Appropriate Development for Boronia Group
Darebin Appropriate Development Association
Citizens for a Liveable Melbourne
Moreland Planning Action Group
Please contact SOS at if you wish to be included as a a supporting organisation email@example.com.